- Instruct Masonry contractor to leave a "weep rope" in the mortar joint immediately above the built in address stone or drill 1/4" diameter wire clearance hole through the mortar joint as shown in Figure No. 1 to accommodate the low voltage wire.
- Mark location for the 2 mounting holes on mortar joint for the installation of the illuminator frame. Drill and install screw anchors (supplied).
- The illuminator is furnished with four 14 volt lamps (NO. 1816) and requires 10 volt-amperes at 14 volts from a bell type transformer. If the illuminator is to be operated from the same transformer as a bell or chime installation, a transformer rating of 30 VA is recommended.
- Run two (2) separate, NO. 18, or larger, bell wires into the 1/4" diameter clearance hole through the wall surface, connecting the far ends to the secondary terminals of the bell transformer as shown in Figure No. 2.
ALTERNATIVE POWER SUPPLY
Use a 10VA (Class II) 14 Volt transformer available from the factory.
- Remove approximately 1/4" of installation from the exposed end of each wire. Insert each wire end into the barrel end of a lug terminal (supplied) and crimp securely with pliers.
- Connect one (1) wire to each terminal with machine screws (supplied).
- Secure illuminator frame to mounting surface with the two (2) mounting screws (supplied).